Tuesday 7 August 2012

Shopping for elephants

Well, not the real ones of course, but that darn marbled grey fabric that I run out of that makes elephants and couldn't find for the life of me in any local shop. I had another look at Quilters Quarters and blow me under there was just a tad left so I brought the remains off the roll. Now I can complete Parts 4, 5 and 6 of the elephants I require to complete my mystery quilt! Yes, Part 6 came out on the 1st August and yes, another elephant. I wonder if there are other people making this quilt thinking the same as me, "why an elephant, why couldn't it be a cute teddy bear or rabbit!!!". Yes, life's a challenge, roll with it! I still have to order my Vanity Fair fabric from that Australian on line site to complete my circles. God certainly loves a trier when you run out of your fabrics after you make boo boos that shouldn't have been made in the first place, lordly, lordly!

At the weekend I tackled Part 5 of the scalloped strips and alternated with my bargello blocks. Eight are now sewn together, eight to go! I didn't go to my sewing group last week, but intend on taking my bag bits and pieces along to tackle some more. Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment