Wednesday 21 November 2012

Building houses

For the past week I have been cutting out the shapes for my houses which will complete the border of my log cabin. I am starting on the big houses first, all 12 of them. I began by making all the windows with doors. At my sewing group I attempted my first roof detail with chimneys, what a mission. I attempted to put my first house together, but have found that the sizing of the window/wall detail is not the right size (what's new). I may have to cut out some new templates and begin building again... No doubt there will be some unpicking to do.

As for my bargello, I haven't touched that one since I found out the last triangle wouldn't line up. It has been a little frustrating to think that I have come this far and now find myself hitting this hurdle that is holding me up, grrrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment