Sunday 10 February 2013

Log cabin progress

I finally finished the first lot of 12 houses, the ones with windows and two matching chimneys! I soon began on the other set of 16 smaller houses, no windows or chimneys and finished them off this weekend. Before this border is complete it needs four trees. These are appliqued onto a background fabric. I haven't taken any photos of my houses yet, but when I do I will post a couple of pics. As these are my first houses, they are pretty crap. I mean, how else are you supposed to ensure 12 pieces of fabric fit together to make a "pretty" house. In a real house your roof fits on and lines up with walls... but in my world nothing lines up, but I had sooooo much fun making them!!! Surely the trees will be aced...
All ready to trim up

Trimmed to a T


By the way I started again on my mystery quilt I began last April. This is the one that I had to order extra fabric from Australia to complete part 5. I was finally able to cut out the 16 required circles necessary. Who would think 2" circles would hold up progress for six months... I also appliqued the toenails of the part 4 elephant!

No comments:

Post a Comment