Saturday 2 May 2015

Long time, no see...

I sit here at my computer and think, why I haven't been blogging lately. I haven't been up to much, just bits and pieces really.

I attached the straps to my bag.



Bella found a fun place to cuddle into.


I started work on the bag lining, using my favourite kind of fabric, paisley :) I used the contrasting fabric for the pockets. I brought the beautiful paisley from Grandmother's Gardens roadshow which was held in Rangiora. It's not as though I needed to buy any more fabric, but... where there is a will, there is a way! I also ended up buying more Holly Hobbie for my "intended" Holly quilt that I "will" make "one day"....


Back in March I made a one off block for my Aunt's 90th birthday. It is called a Wonderful World from a delightful book given to me by a fabulous quilting Aunt, titled 'Simply Scrappy Quilts' by Nancy J. Martin.


Again I chose a paisley as the centre block in celebration of my Grandmother who wore those lovely fabrics of the day. The other colours were inspired by an outfit my Aunt had previously worn, aqua. The block contains 37 pieces. Initially the block didn't delight me in the way that it should have, but I have since warmed to and after seeing family reactions to it, I think it's not so bad after all. The warm pink and grey colours were chosen by Mel at Quilters Quarters, thanks!


Binding attached and hanging frame added.

Rounding up the end of April I decided to do another one off block just to see what it would look like from my new book titled 'Singular Sensations: 14 great quilts from one simple block' by Barbara Douglas.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicki
    Just keep plodding along in your sewing room - the "bits and pieces" all add up!

    ReplyDelete