Sunday 4 March 2018

Stag nation

I started this quilt in October 2016. It is still a work in progress, but I have now constructed the 27 blocks required for the head/antlers. These were all put together by adding random pieces of fabrics together.

Above are two of my first go's at piecing together in different directions. I slowly got more adventurous and made my blocks very busy indeed.


It took till March 2017 before I had all 27 completed.


Here are a close of my favourite ones:


Finally, I sorted out the placement ready for the stag head and antlers to be placed so that the most busiest blocks could be detailed. I then sewed all the rows together.


The next step is to mark the template onto the fusible web and cut out it out!
You can find this pattern in 'Simply Moderne' Issue No.2.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicki, good to see you blogging again! I'm interested to see how your latest quilt turns out, as I really can't visualise it at this stage. I'm sure you will show us in time to come.

    ReplyDelete