Friday 13 July 2018

Painted table runner

My neighbour said, hey, you want to come over and paint some fabrics? Not one to say No to anything new I took up the challenge!

This was my first time painting fabric. We (Dianne, Karin and I) did a lot of experimenting with different items to use to paint our fabrics. At the end of the day I came away with a fresh outlook for fabric and how in one moment your attempt at painting one piece of fabric could be incorporated into an end result of something fabulous.

I must admit when I first started to paint on my 12" squares I was more "drawing" shapes rather than thinking about what I could use with the fabrics when they were completed. This fun activity was completed in the summer up Dianne's driveway. I sure hope we get to have a fun afternoon again!

Here are some of my firsts at this fun activity and what it became (thanks to the inspiring ideas from Dianne).

My 10 finished squares

Drawing shapes

Began layering colours
The end result and Bella

The Maze table runner - designed by Julie Weaver
from Quick & Easy Quilts (Quilter's World), Spring 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment