Wednesday 5 September 2012

Stops and Starts on log making

I am on a week's holiday at my parents place in Geraldine. Loaded the car up with all my sewing gear and managed to find spaces for two cat cages with cats inside! I've achieved a lot cos was able to cut the remaining 18 blocks of my log cabin out on a bench that was the right height for cutting. I would have had them sewn up had it not been for the fact that I left the starting square fabric at my place, what a dill pickle... Went down the street and brought some template plastic to make a start on the houses. I want my houses to look somewhat realistic so alas all my solid fabrics are, you guessed it, at my place... Somehow I can't see a house painted with pink swirls. I know at times you are supposed to think outside the square, but that is too far out of my square for me. So, for the time being the log cabin has been put on hold until I get home.

Pink cabins

Luckily for me I brought a second project with me, for those, "just in case I finish the first one" moments. It is my bag that I am making at my Wednesday sewing group. I have since unpicked a tad of the braiding where it became too wobbly and I will attempt another restitch to form a nicer natural curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment