Monday 22 October 2012

Bargello - final rows sewn

It had to happen, I finally cracked my last two rows of my bargello quilt! What a mission... It took me five hours on Sunday to size up the four blocks required to do the third row. I basically had to unpick a row off each block and sew on another to make it wider, then cut it down to the exact size. I finished the fourth row tonight about 6.30. I decided I wouldn't iron the seams in the dark, but wait till tomorrow night - one of the good things about daylight saving. So thrilled to have finally achieved this part of the quilt. Next up will be to iron the seams and then sew the rows altogether.


Bargello all ready to sew the first two rows together
Close up on my pinned seams - a lot of work to sew over!
First two rows sewed together








2 comments:

  1. nice bargello!!!
    lots of work - i'm afraid to attempt one...
    looks great!!

    (what is that in the background of the first picture)

    just curious..
    xo
    eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments! It is a lot of work, but the end result is so rewarding. Accurate cutting out is the key and I learnt the hard way that even 2mm would send your work up the wop! I havn't completed it yet, I need to fix a boo boo...

    The delightful object at the back of the pic is a taxidermied fawn... my Dad was a musterer in the high country and was hand feeding it until it died suddenly, so he decided to get it stuffed! It is about 50 years old.

    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete