Tuesday 5 August 2014

Teddy Bear Collector - complete

Well Wednesday the 30th of July crept up on me sideways! It was the day of my sister's special birthday and I was determined to get my wall hanging finished on time. Unfortunately that was not to be and I decided I would have it complete at the weekend instead and deliver it in person (she lives 1.5 hrs away).  Out of the blue I received a phone call, saying "come on down tomorrow night for tea and stay the night". Eeekkk.... I had the hanging complete except for the binding and frame sleeve.

After putting down the phone I tackled these last minute additions which turned out to be a nightmare. For the life of me (probably quilt brain freeze) I couldn't work out how to end the binding with that special mitre. And as for the frame sleeve, which I had never done before, I made the first one too narrow and the second was a struggle to turn inside out. Midnight arrived after 3.5 hours and only had the hand binding to do. I decided to call it quits and take the quilt to work the next day and to finish off my binding in the lunch break. What a mission for such a little project. I really did underestimate totally!

Here it is all with a love heart frame ready for hanging. 

Teddy bear collector lives here


No comments:

Post a Comment