Thursday 21 August 2014

Sunlight harvesting

I have a huge project on the horizon.

I work in a biology department where beautiful wonders are everywhere. The latest quilt inspiration has come from an academic's poster outside his office, a vision from an oil painting by Glynn Gorick (Sunlight harvesting). It all starts with tiny photons of sunlight entering the food producing region and ending with the earth's atmosphere. When the academic heard about my desire to make a quilt from his poster he gave me a couple of biology books to perfect my quilting styles of algae!


I know this will be a huge challenge and one I will not take lightly. It will involve a lot of insight and forward planning. I have never done a landscape quilt before. I probably shouldn't start with such a huge project in mind, but hey, life is too short to just chose the easy ones! I will no doubt be searching the web on tutorials on "how to" and inspiration from my fellow sewing group. Sometimes if you dream it, it will come true :)

No comments:

Post a Comment