Sunday 3 January 2016

Caring Hearts

And so, here is 2016.

Thankfully I am so pleased that 2015 is over. Not that I'm ungrateful, but let's just say sometimes when life gives you lemons and you can't make lemonade, those lemons can become quite tart and distasteful.

On to patchwork. I thought yesterday as I was busy sewing making more hearts for my Caring Hearts quilt that I had better start blogging again otherwise I will forget what I'm up to when I go to look back at my progress... and if I haven't written anything there will be nothing to read!

I've been attending my Wednesday evening sessions at Quilting Quarters with my sewing buddies and haven't stitched anything more in between. No motivation or actually, no vroom was within me to sew at any other times of the week. Luckily Christmas came and I have spent the last week busy in my sewing room catching up on lost time and finally my sewing spirits have found me once again.

When I come to a hurdle, as I have at the moment, I momentarily go "darn it!", then think the process over in my head until I come to a solution. The quilt I am doing at present has been changed a bit and instead of going sewing straight blocks I have tossed it on its head and am sewing on-point instead. I have no pattern to go by so am figuring out how to put it together at the ends as I go along. It may not be the correct format, but I'm guessing in the end, it will work for me!

Back to my machine, until next time - happy sewing!

Blanket stitching a heart

The only time I get my ironing board out!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicki
    Keep on sewing those heart blocks and before you know it, you will be done.
    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete