Sunday 5 June 2016

The Farmers Wife 1930's Sampler

I didn't think I would do this quilt, but once a few friends started it up and begun their blocks following a Facebook quilt-along, I was hooked! Firstly I had no idea how to build them using the templates, but once I got over that hurdle I was on my (slow) way.

My first few have the same paisley fabric in them, wanted to keep it slightly connected. I was reading the letters and trying to reflect that in my fabric choices. A lot of people have brought brand new fabrics, but I decided to use what I already had.

Becky
Bonnie
Aunt

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nicki, I just finished up my Farmer's Wife journey and had made over 100 blocks, 50 using EPP which I loved. I was so happy to finally have a flimsy. I loved being a member of the Facebook group...learned so much from others and saw so many absolutely gorgeous blocks. Yours are beautiful, btw. Good luck and Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the inspiration. I am up to 'Autumn' after a dicey moment with Priscilla!

      Delete
  2. Good on you starting another project. You can't have too many UFOs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately there are far too many wonderful patterns or fabrics to use up :)

      Delete