Tuesday 10 January 2017

Henny Penny lap quilt

I started this one a couple of years ago, I can't remember exactly when. The lovely chicken fabrics are incorporated between the chicken wire. This quilt has been made for my Mum who, whilst on the farm, had poultry of all kinds; turkeys, ducks, chickens and laying hens. Naturally chickens were a huge part of her farming life. The hens ran around free eating scraps and enjoying dust baths. Egg collecting was always fun.

After completing the chicken and wire fencing I wanted to add something additional to it, give it some zing. I decided some applique chickens scratching around the borders. I think they really bring the quilt to life. I added the last two brown ones last week.
Top completed
My grey chickens
Sweet lil brown ones
I don't know why I added the white trim now...
On the run
I think this one might have a sore leg
More brown chicks
The majority of these chicken fabrics came from Evelyn in Dunedin

1 comment:

  1. I love to watch the chickens when we go to collect our free range eggs. They look so happy scratching in the ground, looking for bugs and suchlike, and making gentle noises.
    Another lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete