Friday 8 June 2012

Snow sewing

You gotta love those snow days off from work!!  I managed to complete the right sides of my 16 blocks! I was so wrapped. I kept focussed and didn't settle for second best when it came to a few unpicking sessions, I knew I would get there in the end and whew, what a relief to have the right side out of the way, ha!!


Last night I prepared the left sides of the blocks. This involves unpicking the rows where necessary, ironing the seams the correct way and then putting a complete set together. The left side consists of six rows so the progress should take less time, yeah right! The original rows were sewn into the bargello tube method and cut into lengths.


With last Wednesday's sewing group cancelled because of the snow I intend on taking this "organised" prep work along to the next class and make light work of the left, ha, ha! I have so many projects on the go at the moment, but I really want to finish this one before Christmas.... I bet there are many voices out there who say the same thing, "must get that project finished before the next"!


The next best thing about having snow sewing days is a cosy 11-fin oil column heater sitting next to you, what bliss! If your sewing room isn't cosy then you can't sew in happiness and I only sew happy stitches!!


If you ever want to try doing your own bargello quilt, go for it! But keep your unpicker at hand at all times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment