Monday 9 July 2012

More of the same

The weekend brings a chance to unwind, relax and sew! With only two weeks before my friend's birthday I thought I had better get on and try and finish off the cushion I am making her. The detail of the front has the applique done in needle turn. I've never tried my hand at needle turn before and boy do I need to practise some more! I quilted the cover after adding the detail then tackled the back which has an insert that the cushion inner goes in. The last touch will be the binding.  Once done I shall take a piccie and add it here, but that probably won't be till next weekend.


In the meantime I am hand appliqueing Part 4 of the my mystery quilt, sewing on 32 circles..... And because I constantly want to start a new project long before I have finished the last, I have already begun to select colours out for my next project, a queen sized quilt for my Dad and his wife, in shades of green and pink. I have decided to do a log cabin design even though I haven't done one before. I wonder if I can get it done in time for this Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment