Monday 16 July 2012

Time to begin Part 5 of the mystery

Finished off appliqueing the circles of Part 4 yesterday, only that darn elephant to go... Today I cut out the pieces for Part 5, which include four strips and four sets of scallops that sit at the top and bottom. Those extra circles (fabric being brought from the web) will go in-between. After that I will attempt the last elephant (well, let's hope so).


I've been able to do this extra bit of sewing because my car is at the garage. On Friday morning on the motorway, passing a 18-wheeler truck I look down to see "Check Engine" looking back at me and the temperature needle on HOT!!! EEK, here's where my cool banana skills took my driving skills to another level... with cars up my bum and already 3/4 of the way past the truck, I put my foot on the gas and got in front of the truck then had to indicate quick and pull over at speed and not hit the marker sticks in the process. Made it! Cellphone in hand (thank goodness I packed it in my bag that day) I rang the AA and Bob's ya uncle. Out of action till the end of tomorrow so I reckon I'll have lots of free time to sew, sew, sew!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment