Wednesday 1 October 2014

Purple bag

This is the purple bag I made some time ago, but the straps needed to be shortened. My friends said "just tie a knot in each strap"....... Heavens to Betsy, like I would ever do that!!!

The bag had to have the lining unpicked, turned inside out, more unpicking to get to get to the straps and then they were altered and sewn back into place. Seams sewn back in, turned right way in, and lining hand stitched back in place. A lot of fiddling, but I strive for perfection. I would rather turn out something that looks great than looking good. I imagine every other quilter feels the same way when they make gifts for family or friends.

The photos don't do the bag justice, but the purple bag really is purple and not blue!!! In case you are asking the pattern can be brought at Quilters Quarters and a few of the sewing group did them at our classes. It is called "Spice of Life" by Monica Poole.

Inside out before I sewed the seams
The finished lining with zipped pocket
The finished bag with my made up latch
Close up of chalky black fabric which I love

Straps at the desired length, not too long and not too short!

No comments:

Post a Comment