Wednesday 16 March 2016

Pussycat minding

If you have a cat and you quilt, the two really go hand in hand.

For some reason, cats seem to be drawn to anything that is on the floor or new. When it comes to laying out your fabric blocks you have to be exceptionally careful so as dirty dukes or fluff doesn't go anywhere on your new creations.

Most of the time I work at my cutting table or on my design wall (cloth pinned to the hall wall!). For this particular quilt I needed to get the layout of how my Caring Hearts quilt would need to be sewn. I kept a beady eye on the door for any paw friends that might be approaching.

Half way through, one puss cat wandered in and thought, "Mmm, something interesting is partaking on the bed, I must jump up and see what it is all about". I was ready for his leap and scooped him up and put him in his sleeping bed. Luckily he decided to stay there whilst I continued with my Hearts.

Aztec content in his bed



1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are right, cats love to keep an eye on what you are doing. Or even better, lie down right in the middle of it.
    Your heart quilt looks very pretty, you are using nice fresh colours.

    ReplyDelete